Our classes are structured first by age, then by ability of the dancer. Children of similar ages have similar physical and emotional capabilities. By placing children in like age groups we are given the opportunity to evaluate each child. Should we feel that a child needs to be replaced in order to better challenge their technical ability or to accommodate their personality, we do so relatively quickly. Our SCHEDULE is based on age, style and interest.
We offer a FREE, no pressure, no obligation trial class…you can try as many styles as you like!
Our friendly staff will gladly help guide you through the process!
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a viewing station in our lobby, designed just for this purpose. It’s often exciting to see friendships blossom between parents as they enjoy their children’s accomplishments. We also open the class room for periodic observations. The teacher will notify you in advance.
CDP Dancers are required to wear specific shoes, tights and dance attire. You can purchase ALL required attire through CDP at the pro-shop. This is preferred, so ALL dancers maintain uniformity for the year end recital. Please discuss with a CDP staff member prior to purchasing any merchandise outside of CDP! Thank You!
For trial class and new students, we offer a FREE rental for dance shoes prior to commitment.
CDP staff will guide you the process!
For more information: email@example.com
The dance year runs from September – June. We offer Pre-registration during the summer. We recommend registering for class early, as classes fill up fast.
However, we still take registrations all year, if the class is not full and recital costumes are still available.
We offer Non-recital classes for students enrolling later in the season
We offer a wait list and a staff member will contact you if an opening becomes available.
We also offer fun-filled summer dance camps and workshops… For more information, please click the summer workshop or camp page link below!
One of the best ways is to expose them to performances, art galleries, dance books and videos. This will open a whole new world not only for your child but for you as well. Above all encourage your child to be as open as possible to corrections when taking classes, let them know you are proud of them and applaud their accomplishments.
Each company will carry with it various levels of training, skill requirements and time commitments. Once your child has met the requirements they will be encouraged to audition.
We offer Three Levels of competition dance companies. They each have a different level of commitment, skill and requirements. For more information, please visit the CDP Dance Company Page by clicking the link below!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees and staff are thoroughly interviewed and background checks are done before working at CDP. Two Classrooms reserved for younger dancers have their own bathroom, exit doors and fire extinguishers. Two larger class rooms have a bathroom located just outside the class room, exit doors and fire extinguishers. The dance studio has 6 points of exit in case of an emergency. We have a policy regarding student pickup and drop off in our Hand Book, click here.
Our staff always has the best interests of our parents and students in mind. We believe strongly in an open door policy. If you have a question or concern, please contact the office (919) 553-9907 or send an email to email@example.com to schedule an appointment to discuss any issues with us…. with our assurance of privacy and confidentiality.
Recreational classes are designed to be more casual. Your child can wear comfortable attire, active wear, leggings, gym shorts, tanks, tee shirt, sweatshirt etc., for most regular season classes.
See below for more information related to each class offered.
- Ballet shoes, tights, leotards (any color) are required for ALL ballet classes during the regular season. However, you will be required to purchase matching shoes/tights for the year end recital, so all dancers are uniform in style and color. PLEASE CONFIRM! These can be purchased at CDP.
- Hip Hop class requires comfortable attire, gym shoes, active wear, gym wear etc. during regular class at the studio. However, a specific Hip Hop shoe for your child’s class depending on age, will be required prior to the year end recital. These can be purchased at CDP anytime during the year.
- Tap class requires comfortable attire, gym wear, shorts etc.. “Tap Shoes” will be required first day of class and can be purchased at CDP pro-shop. If you already have tap shoes, your child can wear them during regular class. CDP has a specific tap shoe (Style/Color) that is required for the year end recital, so please confirm prior to purchasing outside the studio. If you’re not sure, We have a borrow program for the first class or trial class period.
- Clogging class requires comfortable attire, gym wear, shorts etc., “Clogging Shoes” will be required your first day of class and can be purchased at CDP pro-shop. If you already have clogging shoes, your child can wear them during regular class. CDP has a specific clogging shoe (Color Only) that is required for the year end recital, so please confirm prior to purchasing outside the studio. If you’re not sure, we have a borrow program for the first class or trial class period.
- Contemporary/Lyrical class requires comfortable attire, active wear etc., for regular classes. Specific Shoes can be purchased at CDP. see pro-shop for more information
- Tumble class requires comfortable clothing, active wear, gym shorts etc., no shoes are required for this class.
If you need to borrow shoes, please see the pro-shop prior to class…. Thank You!
Yes, We offer a FREE trial class….Students can register for a trial class and try as many styles as they like. No pressure and No obligation.
Yes, CDP has a year end Spring Recital Show!
The season begins in September and runs through June. We are excited to show case all of our students amazing talent and growth at our annual spring recital.
Students typically have one costume for each style of dance they take, with the exception of our younger students aged 6 and below… The younger classes will have a (2 in 1) combo class costume.
Tickets for the show can be purchased online approximately TWO weeks before the show.
No…Not at all! The season starts in September and ends in June. We take registrations all year, if the class is not full and costumes are still available for the year end recital.
We also offer Non-recital classes for students that want to register later in the season
Online Schedule & Registration for the Fall season will open early June, so please try to register early or by September if possible, as classes fill up fast!
Yes! We understand things happen beyond our control, other interest, not ready, budget etc… No explanation is necessary.
CDP requires a thirty day written notice prior to withdrawing from class.
If you withdraw after recital costumes, shoes etc.., have been ordered, the remaining balance will be your responsibility.
Yes! If a different class, genre or day/time of the week works better for your schedule, that is not a problem.
After evaluating class, the teacher will occasionally make the recommendation to switch based on skill level, readiness etc
The only exception would be availability and skill level. If the preferred class has openings and the teacher has determined skill level is acceptable, that is not a problem!
Please notify your the front desk or teacher and they will help guide you through this simple process.